Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally



“One thing I learned a long time ago is that even if you think you're meant to be with someone, that doesn't necessarily mean you get to be with them.” 
“When unrequited love is the most expensive thing on the menu, sometimes you settle for the daily special."

The Blurb: 

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Greeen moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?

From: Goodreads

IMO:

I have to thank this book for my newly found addiction to YA contemporary novels. I got a copy last June and I had so much fun reading it that I went on hunting for other YA novels. I ended up with so many books and that started my so-called Reading Challenge. 

I must say that I am not huge sports fan and I have very minimal knowledge of football. In my country, basketball is the biggest thing (though I must say, I do not follow that too). It is only recently that there is quite a huge interest in football here. 

However, Catching Jordan is not all about football. The book has a combination of sports, relationships, family issues, gender issues and friendship.

I like Jordan. I like that she's totally driven to prove herself worth something in a sport totally dominated by men. When it comes to football, she can definitely hold her own and will never let anyone push her around. However, it's freakin' cute that for someone always surrounded by the male gender, she's utterly clueless about boys when it comes to love and relationships.

I love her friends. Man, I wish I had guy friends like those. Yes, they can be gross and insensitive at times, but they will always have your back. JJ, Carter and Henry's antics made me smile all throughout the book. 

The love story in this book kind of mislead me at first but I totally adore how it end and definitely agree with Jordan's choice of guy.

Side Dish: Isn't the book cover absolutely gorgeous? I leave it to you to make your own interpretation.

Conclusion:

Undeniably, a fun and easy read. For readers that are non-sports (or non-football) fans, don't let that stop you from reading this novel. Although there are lots of football in here, the story focuses on Jordan's life, her growth, her relationships and her discovery that she, actually, has a feminine side. 

A


*pic from Goodreads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...